Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Friday, October 22, 2010

Obligation Crochet

I have known about this baby coming for months.  With the shower in 10 days, I decide to get busy crocheting the critter.  I want to be making something else.  I have Zauberball just crying out to be made into a shawl.  I need a shawl.  It is finally getting cooler.  But, no.  I need to whip out this present. 

Her Mom does not like pink.  *sigh*  Okay, no pink.  Well, maybe a little.  I'm not shopping for more yarn.  Her Dad comes across as pleasant but disinterested.

I don't feel like crocheting.  The boucle yarn is being a pita.  My hands hurt.  I want to start my shawl.  Dammit.  

I am so lucky that this is all I have to gripe about.  But, I'm going to anyway.

I tried to crochet her differently than I normally do so the fabric looks interlocked and not like a spiral.  I think I like the spiral better.  

Anyway, she is done.  I was literally sewing in yarn ends 10 min before the baby shower.  . 

No more "obligation" crafting.  I would have been much happier if I had contributed to the gift certificate and been done with it.  Rory sent me an article about the parallels between knitting and yoga,  I think that knitting and crochet can be a meditation.  This little mouse was not a happy, peaceful process.  I hope she finds love anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it is adorable! Now get busy on something for you.

    ReplyDelete