Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apple Abuse

We are done abusing the apples. The one on the left got pretty brown on the bottom.  I also found a fruit fly hanging near them.  Lesson learned.  They need to dry in an area that is warmer and dryer than my front porch. Maybe a fan some of the time would help too.  I decided to finish them off with a hour in a warm oven.  I did not want to do that earlier because I did not want to cook the apple and our oven runs warm.  I also did not want to turn on the oven for 3 apples... 

This is how they started...
The Kid's
Mine
The Farmer's
We decided to abuse a pumpkin too.









2 comments:

  1. We are an odd lot huh, between abusing apples/pumpkins and fondling fibers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out amazing! That will definitely be something I keep in my bag of trips for when I'm teaching around Halloween!

    ReplyDelete