Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Quilts

You can tell the season in our home by looking at the quilts in the beds.  Winter means flannel.  On Saturday, we put the Christmas quilt on the bed.  The kiddo pulled out her House Quilt a week or so ago.
 
The Christmas Quilt is a basic log cabin in red and green flannels cut in big strips.  I think the finished logs are 2.5 inches.  It's big and it works.  The flannel is cut off grain and the plaids go in every direction, but because it is only two colors, it hangs together.  I made a smaller one with a border for my in-laws and it hangs on the wall of their living room.


Kiddo's quilt is a pattern that was serialized in Quilter's Newsletter magazine during 2002 or 2003.  I modified it down to twin sized.  This is what it usually looks like.  
 I think quilts are part of what makes our house a home.



No comments:

Post a Comment