Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bath Mitt

Okay, so the knit washcloth kicked my tukus.  They also tend to look like dishcloths which is not quite the "spa-like" feel I am going for.  But then I found this pattern.  It's a free pattern from Bernat Yarn Studios but you have to register to see it which is a bit annoying.  I had found some green Lily Cookies and Cream this summer with the intention of making a washcloth.  I really need to be careful about buying yarn before I am ready to knit with it, but this has only been waiting for 2 months, so not too bad.

I'm really pleased with this little mitt.  It took an evening to knit up.  I got a bit confused by the directions to make the thumb, but once I understood, it went quickly and worked very well. I don't think it will be confused with a pot holder.  My only worry is that cotton projects tend to "grow" and I don't want it becoming a monster mitt.

I think I will make a few more for Christmas presents.

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely. And when combined with some of your soap would be a stellar gift!

    ReplyDelete