Okay, so the knit washcloth kicked my tukus. They also tend to look like dishcloths which is not quite the "spa-like" feel I am going for. But then I found this pattern. It's a free pattern from Bernat Yarn Studios but you have to register to see it which is a bit annoying. I had found some green Lily Cookies and Cream this summer with the intention of making a washcloth. I really need to be careful about buying yarn before I am ready to knit with it, but this has only been waiting for 2 months, so not too bad.
I'm really pleased with this little mitt. It took an evening to knit up. I got a bit confused by the directions to make the thumb, but once I understood, it went quickly and worked very well. I don't think it will be confused with a pot holder. My only worry is that cotton projects tend to "grow" and I don't want it becoming a monster mitt.
I think I will make a few more for Christmas presents.