Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm cooking for the cat? Seriously?

Come on.  Stop taking pictures and feed me!
Ella (aka Skinny Cat) is still skinny.  Maybe skinnier.  She seems to tolerate the prescription dry cat food that costs $30 for a 10 pound bag.  But she still pukes and really only seems to be loosing more slowly.  She just feels bony when i pet her.  She won't take the medicine in any form.  She is iffy about the canned cat food I have bought.  I think that commercial foods have a ton of fillers.  Two food culprits for cat allergies are corn and seafood products.  Corn seems to be in everything.

Yummy....
I'm going to try an experiment.  I'm going to supplement her diet with homemade cat food.  Tonight I ground some cooked chicken (approx 1.5 cups) with some cooked oatmeal (.75 cups) and grated carrots (handful).  She loves it.  That's a good thing.  My hope is that she will be able to digest it and maybe put a little bit of weight on.  I know she needs nutrients that a cooked diet cannot provide, but maybe this will help.  I don't think it will hurt her, given that the vet does not know what else to do.  I honestly don't know what to do either.  It's worth a shot anyway.
Darwin likes the cat food too. He just looks innocent.

1 comment:

  1. Poor kitty :(. Sophie has been puking the last couple of days also. Amazing how fast I can run find her when I hear that tell tale sound starting.

    ReplyDelete