Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Peach Butter Bread

I'm not thrilled with my first attempt at Peach Butter.  It tastes "cooked."  Still good, but not great.  Not good enough to be gifted.  So what to do with it?

This bread is pretty darn good it I do say so myself.  The peach and ginger work together very nicely.

Peach Butter Quick Bread

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Peach Butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar or splenda
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the peach butter, sugar, oil, eggs and milk; beat well. Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt; stir until smooth. Fold in the pecans. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. 

1 comment:

  1. I had some homemade peach butter in the freezer I had made for gifts but when feeling people out about it, nobody wanted it. Lol. Well....I pulled it out and thawed it. I came across this recipe and am sooooooo glad I did. Oh my goodness!! It is some of the best quick bread I have ever tasted. I made 1 loaf to see how it was and ended up stirring together another batch. Lol. I gifted 1 of the loaves with a jar of homemade peach/mango jelly and my friend said it was the best bread she had ever had too. Now I have to make some more peach butter so that I can make some more bread. Lol. Thank you so very much for posting this recipe. It is now in my recipe box and will be made many more times. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 20. Mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete