Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Ice Cream

Sounds like fun to me!

Start by putting a clean bowl outside when it is supposed to snow.  We did that last night.  Then we went looking for recipes.  The two with the most ratings were at :Allrecipes and Paula Dean.

We went with the Paula Dean recipe because we have had a lonely can of sweetened condensed milk kicking around the pantry for a few months now.  I have no idea what we would have bought it for.  I think I probably asked for evaporated milk for pumpkin pie and the farmer brought home condensed.  We probably had a conversation that went like this:
Me: "You bought the wrong kind of milk."

Him: "You asked for milk in a can.  That's what I got.  What's the problem?"
Anyway, we used the milk.  It worked, but it was waaaaaay too sweet.  The easy bake oven cakes that we made to go with it were good though.  


1 comment:

  1. I have never been able to make snow ice cream and have it turn out worth eating. Will have to try again.

    ReplyDelete