Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Sunday, January 30, 2011

I needed a quickie


I am struggling with the sweater.  I can do it technically, but it just seems to be taking forever.  One of my Saturday morning knitting friends was working on the Susies Reading Mitts from Dancing Ewes Yarns.  I loved them.  So much so that I had to come home and make them.  Right then.  I grabbed the first yarn form my stash that might work.  This is an an aran weight alpaca that I picked up at the Empire Alpaca Association's Extravaganza.  I loved the yarn, but it came form one of the farms and was not labeled and I had no idea of the yardage.  It also turned out to be an odd color and I never found any yarn in purple or gray that would work with it.  So, it sat.
Susie's Reading Mitts call for DK weight yarn.  I went up a needle size and made them in small.  It worked, they fit.

These took just over a day to make and they were fun!  I'm already planning on making a second pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment