|A block in progress|
Here we go! Week one.
Actually, back up a bit. She has been asking to make a quilt since we finished the pillow case. We had to make sure that this was not a whim. It's not.
Next step was to clean out the sewing room. Most of that was taking boxes of Christmas decorations up to the attic and just putting random stuff away. The sewing room tends to become a "catch all" for just about everything in the house that does not have an immediate home.
|Holy mess Batman!|
Finally, it was time to pick out fabric. The first attempt was a bit overwhelming. She decided that she loved just about every color in the bin, regardless if they would work together or not. We did a bit of resorting by theme and then after a few days, she decided that she preferred the really bright colors that "pop."
|The calico bins|
Then, we went though 7 more bins. I do not even know how many fabrics she chose. More than a hundred.
I cut this old ditzy pink fabric into 11 inch squares. Then I started cutting strips. Kiddo does not get to cut yet . She cannot cut a straight line and rotary cutters are for grown-ups.
|Fabrics that have been cut so far...|
This is going to be fun.