Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Microwave drying


I want to drink more sage tea.  With honey and lemon, it is wonderful for my rotten summer cold.  

In order to accomplish this goal, I hacked back the sage bush.  It was getting leggy anyway.
Sage bush before

Sage bush after...
Harvested sage
That is a BIG pile of sage.  So the next question is how to dry it?  We don't have a dehydrator.  Turning on the oven is out of the question in this heat.  I wrapped up three bunches and hung them in the attic.  I decided to try microwave drying for the rest.  There are a ton of microwave drying tutorials.  I'm here to tell you that they work.  Four minutes later I had crispy greens.


For small amounts of garden cuttings, I think Microwave drying will work really well.  
Before going in the microwave

4 minutes later...

No comments:

Post a Comment