Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Saturday, June 25, 2011

Watermelon Smoothie


A week ago the kid told the farmer that she loves watermelon.  Of course he bought it for her.  Then she turned her nose up at it and so it sat.
 
We are at the "use it or lose it." stage.  I don't like watermelon so I decided to doctor it.  I found a watermelon smoothie recipe.  We have not had a kitchen adventure in a while and anything involving the blender has potential for mayhem...  There are a ton of watermelon smoothie recipes out there.  Pick one.  All involve melon, ice, yogurt, and something to make it sweet.  I added almond extract and some powdered ginger to ours.  
Our ancient blender survived the ice.  The kid declared plain yogurt to be "Good, but nasty."  She decided the smoothie was too sweet.  I didn't think so, but I still don't like watermelon.   The farmer likes it.  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment