I really like omelets. It took me a while to learn how to make them, but now I'm pretty good at it. I learned from Alton Brown. One of my favorites is a cream cheese omelet. You can make them savory with fresh herbs, chives, peppers, or salmon; or go sweet with cinnamon and sugar or almost any kind of fruit or berry. Peaches and blueberries are in season, so here we go.
nonstick skillet - sprayed with Pam or nonstick stuff
4 eggs room temp
2 oz cream cheese
1 peach sliced thin
handful of blueberries
sugar (splenda or stevia)
1. Whisk the eggs
2. warm up the cream cheese in the microwave so that it is soft and warm ~ 30 sec in mine.
3. heat the skillet and add the eggs. Do the whole spatula around the edges and popping bubbles thing.
4. Nuke the peaches and blueberries for 30 sec to warm them up too.
5. Once the eggs start setting up, add the cream cheese in globs and fruit.
6. Sprinkle with some sugar and nutmeg
7. Fold over one third with the spatula and do the second fold when you slide it off to the plate.
8. Sprinkle with some more sugar and a few blueberries to make it look pretty.
It tastes great and will hold you till lunch.
<- I really like that picture.