Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Monday, May 9, 2011

Sage Tea


When I was looking up information on growing and drying mint for tea, I read about sage tea.  As you may recall, I have a whole bush of sage growing outside my back door.   I did a little bit more research and found the site: Herb Wisdom that has a whole mess of information and claims about the benefits of sage.  If even a tiny bit of it is true, then it is worth trying.  

This morning, I steeped 5-6 fresh picked leaves in 2 cups of boiling water.  I let it cool during the day and in the afternoon, I added a lot of ice and enough water to fill my water bottle.  It was a nice, cold refreshing drink.  I would not have guessed that I would like sage tea, but I could see myself drinking this.

Tonight I decided to try it hot.  Big cup of boiling-hot water, 5-6 sage leaves, 2 drops of honey, and a splash of lemon juice.  Wow.  I am amazed by how good it is and that it is made from 3 ingredients just hanging about the house.  Guess I will also be drying sage for the winter.

1 comment:

  1. I was at a Lebanese restaurant once, and they served parsley-sage tea. It was very strong and earthy.

    ReplyDelete