Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Monday, May 2, 2011

Farm Update

Time for a farm update!  The raised garden beds came weeks ago but it finally stopped raining for long enough for us to go build them this weekend.  The backs of my legs are sore today from squatting and lifting.  I promise to show you picks of them when they are all done.  This is a teaser.
We made strawberry cupcakes for the kid's birthday,  She decorated them with unwrapped chocolate Easter eggs. 
There is a ham hock in the crock pot.  Say that 10x fast.  The Farmer says that ham hocks are actually the pigs feet, but I don't think so.  I think its the section of leg that is a traditional ham. I'm not looking it up.
How long should a washing machine last?  6.5 years does not seem long enough.  The part to repair it should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday.   Laundry mats suck.  At least it was finally warm enough to use the clothes line so we did not need to use the dryers.
I made Duckies!  They are fun and fast.  Somehow a pattern called Duckies had to be made with orange yarn.  The yarn is Yarn Bee Snowflake Wool Blend Creamsickle.  I'm not in love with the yarn, but I like the socks.
 Oreo likes them too.

1 comment:

  1. Bout time you blogged! I look forward to what is happening down on the farm.
    Love those orange socks!

    ReplyDelete