Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ants!

Every year since we bought this house, spring arrives in late April or early May and the ants arrive shortly thereafter. Big black ones.  We tried lots of ways to encourage them to relocate.  I don't like using pesticides.  Ant stuff is expensive.  That bugs me.  

Ha Ha.  I made a pun.  

But, as usual, Google is my friend.  Ants do not like borax.  I have lots of borax.  It is cheap.  Here is the deal: mix 1 teaspoon of borax with 3-4 tablespoons of honey or corn syrup.  That's it.  Put it where the pets cannot get at it.  

No more ants.  Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. Just exactly what I needed to see this morning, I killed the first ten or so ants yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. put inside a bottle with a hole drilled into the cap. Ants get in but pets do not.

    ReplyDelete