Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dreaming of Summer

© Tiiina
It is warmer here, but is it still wet and gray.  Really, all the warmth has accomplished is to melt down the snow piles into blackened piles if ice.  Summer is still a very long way away. Tiina Seppälä designed a pair of socks with the winding path of the Kalaoki river in Finland.  I love her photo.  It reminds me of the green, hazy days of summer.  

Cosmic Fibers Yarn is a local indie dyer, but she also has an Etsy shop.  I loved her green: The Woods Outside Merlotts.  I had originally purchased Happy Feet in a blues/purple colorway, but I like Carrie's green better.
This pattern is really easy to follow.  The 'river' stitches are 7 stitches and they flow back and forth with increase and decrease stitches.  I love them.
Summer will come.  When it does, it will be too hot to wear these wool socks.  Until then I can dream.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful photo, I wish I could live in it for a few days! Just gray rain and wet here.

    The socks are lovely ... very springlike!

    ReplyDelete